I’m Alesandra Dubin, but I go by Alice. You can reach me here.
I’m a digital media writer, editor, reporter, and blogger based in Los Angeles.
I married a fellow L.A. native in August 2010 and we love our city and restoring our new-to-us 1936 Spanish-style home. And as of July 2014… we’re new parents to boy-girl twins! That’s when I naturally shifted this blog a bit to include more general lifestyle content including family-relevant topics, while keeping the main focus on travel.
- writing away in my converted garage-office.
- parenting my boy-girl twin babies.
- voraciously consuming traditional media, blogs, and social media while…
- eschewing all pseudoscientific, fear-mongering, paranoid, or generally joyless parenting content.
- collecting more prints and patterns for my wardrobe (current faves: Trina Turk, Show Me Your Mumu, Rachel Pally)
- sitting in the salon chair for painstaking nail art sessions.
- working on my fitness (recent convert/zealot to ClassPass), especially my postpartum diastasis recti (current obsession: Mutu System)
- cuddling my two rescue kitties.
- abusing my emoji privileges.
- hiking, beach-going, or otherwise enjoying the riches of Los Angeles.
- dreaming up new travel ideas and plans.
- happily traveling, to places near and far.
I’m most happy when I’m traveling — and also when I’m cozy at home. That’s why I’ve called this blog Homebody in Motion.
I’m honored that you’re along on the journey.